Gulf Gear DB 80W-90 is a high performance gear lubricant for use in heavy duty manual transmissions and axle drives of commercial vehicles and passenger cars. It is blended from high quality base oils and performance additives to provide excellent protection to gear components. Its excellent extreme pressure properties impart high load-carrying capability to provide reliable protection to gear components in applications where extreme pressure and shock loading are encountered.
It provides effective protection against oxidation degradation, rust & corrosion and long service life.
The product is approved against MAN 342 Typ M-2 & various ZF specifications.
Features & Benefits – Gulf Gear DB 80W-90
- Excellent extreme pressure and antiwear properties shields against wear under various operating conditions leading to enhanced equipment durability and lower maintenance costs
- High oxidation stability minimises sludge and deposit formation facilitating longer component life and oil service intervals.
- Effective rust and corrosion protection reduces wear and extends component life
- Good low temperature fluidity reduces wear and facilitates easy start-up under low ambient temperatures (SAE 80W-90)
- Good anti-foam properties ensure film strength for effective lubrication
- Excellent seal compatibility helps minimise leakages and reduce chances of contamination
- Heavy duty non-synchronised manual transmissions, axles and final drives where API GL-5 quality oils are specified
- On-road passenger cars, light and heavy duty trucks, buses and vans
- Off-highway equipment in construction, mining and agriculture
- Other heavy-duty applications involving hypoid and other gears operating under severe conditions like high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque and/or low speed/high torque
- Not suitable for automatic transmissions